Vacancy: Senior Clinical Psychologist with expertise in Autism
Salary Guide: 74,000-81,000 Euros, depending on experience
Details: Martinsen Mayer are recruiting for a Senior Clinical Psychologist on behalf of their client.
The role requires knowledge and experience of diagnostics of Autism Spectrum Disorder and providing a range of psychological services to children and their families within an inter/trans-disciplinary team model.
This includes assessment, programme development, behaviour management, diagnostics and ongoing service delivery.
The post is between two very busy clinics, one based in Cavan town, Ireland, and the second based in Monaghan town, Ireland
* Knowledge of theory and frameworks of Clinical Psychology, assessment procedures and intervention methods.
* Knowledge and experience of a range of test materials suitable to children under 6 years.
* Knowledge and experience of diagnostics of Autism Spectrum Disorder, Developmental Co- ordination Disorder, Specific Speech & Language disorder etc.
* Knowledge and experience of Assessment of Need process.
* Understanding of inter and trans disciplinary working.
* Good knowledge of the disability sector.
* Broad knowledge of disability including physical, sensory, intellectual and autism.
* Good understanding of the social model of disability.
* Candidates must meet the requirements of the Psychological Society of Ireland.
* Minimum of 3 years post graduate experience.
Experience of working with young children with a range of disabilities and their families, including physical, sensory, autism, developmental delay, etc.
* Experience of team working.
* Good communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills desirable
* Previous experience in early intervention.
* Experience of inter-disciplinary working.
* Previous experience in a senior position desirable
* To provide a range of psychological services as required in partnership with children and families including assessment, diagnostics and ongoing intervention.
* Demonstrate sufficient clinical skills in assessment intervention.
In addition to the above requirements the candidate must also be able to:
* Work as part of the inter/transdisciplinary team providing services to children and families in the area and to consult with team in reaching clinical decisions
* Provide advice/support programmes for parents and families.
If you would like to discuss further please contact Dr Jo Power or
Closing date: ongoing
Please mention that you saw this vacancy at psychminded.co.uk
© 2001-7 Psychminded. All rights reserved